How to Dispute Your Account
We are required under state law to notify consumers of the following rights. This list does not contain a complete list of rights consumers have under state and federal law.
“The state Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act require that, except under unusual circumstances, collectors may not contact you before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m. They may not harass you by using threats of violence or arrest or by using obscene language. Collectors may not use false or misleading statements or call you at work if they know or have reason to know that you many not receive personal calls at work. For the most part, collectors may not tell another person, other than your attorney or spouse, about your debt. Collectors may contact another person to confirm your location or enforce a judgment. For more information about debt collection activities, you may contact the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-FTC-HELP or www.ftc.gov Telephone calls to or from our General Offices are randomly monitored by supervisory personnel for business reasons not directly related to your account.”
There are multiple ways to dispute your account with Emerald. A dispute can be submitted using the online form provided below or mailed to Emerald’s Lockbox. Sending a dispute through these communication channels will ensure the dispute is properly received and reviewed by a Dispute Processor.
To help our dispute processing department, provide the following information within a dispute:
- Account Number – Providing an account number will help us locate your account. You can use the following account numbers:
- account number on your Credit Report
- account number on your account statement
- your youraccountcenter account number
- account number provided by an Emerald Representative.
- Reason for Dispute– Emerald accepts disputes that fall into one of these categories:
- Debt doesn’t belong to you
- Identity Theft
- Fraudulent Account
- Billing is Incorrect
- Minor on Date of Service
- Services were not provided
- Duplicate Billing
- Your Contact Info- To properly identify you and provide accurate information, please provide the below information. Please note, Emerald will provide a dispute response to the listed mailing address.
- Name [First, Last]
- Your Email Address [If using Online Form]
- Mailing Address
- Date of Birth or Last 4 of your Social Security Number
Last, if you have any supporting documentation or information that will help us validate you’re dispute, please attach it or list it in the message box within the form.
To dispute your account via mail, please mail a letter to:
Emerald AR Systems
Attn: Dispute Department
PO Box 843161
Los Angeles, CA 90084-3161